Certican (Everolimus) is used to treat patients who have underwent organ transplantation like kidney, heart or liver transplants. It suppresses body’s immune system and thereby prevents rejection of transplanted organ.
Manufacturer : Novartis India Ltd.
Strengths available : 0.25mg, 0.5mg, 0.75mg
Storage : Store at temperature below 30°C
- The usual starting dose is 1.5 mg/day in kidney and heart transplantation and 2.0 mg/day in liver transplantation.
- This is usually divided into two doses, one in the morning and one in the evening.
- Certican should only be taken by mouth.
- Do not crush the tablets.
- Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
- You should take the first dose of this medicine as early as possible after kidney and heart transplantation and approximately four weeks after liver transplantation.
- You should take the tablets together with ciclosporin for microemulsion in kidney and heart transplantation, and with tacrolimus in liver transplantation.
- Do not switch from Certican tablets to Certican dispersible tabletswithout first telling your doctor
Most common side effects are Weakness, Sinus inflammation, Infection, Fever, Cough, Fatigue, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Otitis media (infection of ear), Diarrhoea, Upper respiratory tract infection.